Saturday, March 28, 2009

We are rollin' with bike stories!

Last night Olivia informed us that she can ride a bike without training wheels.  

Earlier in the day, a neighbor friend was over playing and Olivia decided to try out her bike (that didn't have training wheels).  I caught a glimpse of this out of the corner of my eye and thought to myself, "Wow, is she really riding that bike?".  When I turned completely around to watch she had decided that she was done and went on playing with something else.  I didn't think much more of it until dinner when she announced that she could do it.

When we got home from dinner, we decided to bite the bullet and just take the training wheels off.  I couldn't believe my eyes, but she did a pretty good job!  Turning corners still needs more practice, but riding in a straight line was pretty good.

I really think what helped her was Reese and Will's balance bike.  They received this as a gift for their birthday and we had put it away because they were still a touch too small.  Since the weather has been getting better, we brought it out for Olivia to practice on.  She has gotten pretty good at balancing on it.  Here she is on the balance bike.


Unfortunately my pictures turned out a little blurry - Here are the two best ones of her on her bike.



No comments: