Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wow, 6 months already??

Brrrrring.....   Brrrrring.....

Hello-

This call is to confirm your children's dentist appointments in 2 days.....

Oh, wow, already??  (I guess I forgot to write that one down in my calendar!)  Sure, ummm, we'll be there.

Today was the day for the dentist.  The last time we went to the dentist was the first visit for Reese and Will. They didn't do so hot.  I had to sit in there with them while they screamed and cried. Luckily I had reinforcements in the waiting room to watch the other kids!  Today though, I went in with great confidence (OK, really I woke up at 3:00am worrying about how I was going to handle the meltdowns, in which order they would go, whether they would tell me never to come back again - the list really does go on!).

I had Will go in first. I followed a few steps behind and he seemed to do great.  I went back into the waiting room and a few minutes later I was summoned in to help with him. He was not having any part of getting his teeth cleaned.  I thought he was going to choke he was crying so hard.  It was so sad.  Luckily as I was helping him, Olivia was sent back and they let Reese sit in a chair next to her.  Reese was able to help them with Olivia's exam by holding a very important mirror!  When Will was finally finished I peeked in on the girls and they were doing fantastic. Will and I went back into the waiting room and before I knew it, Olivia and Reese were done with no tears.  

So I think I can say that the trip was almost a complete success!  No cavities and only one meltdown. **sigh**

No comments: