Tuesday, September 16, 2008

All Aboard The Choo Choo Train

Oh, the Disney channel. Like Noggin, it is on from time to time in the mornings to calm everyone down (stop the fighting).  Since their shows last only 25ish minutes, they play random bits before the next show begins.  Choo Choo Soul is one of those bits that we'll see from time to time.  It is a short music video with a girl who sings on or around a train.  Catchy songs - not that annoying, or so I thought. 

About a month ago I was playing around itunes checking out the podcasts, looking at new music, and I saw the Choo Choo Soul album.  I clicked on it and saw that if you downloaded the album you would get all of the songs AND all of the short videos. Well I thought I had hit the jackpot. I (of course) downloaded it on the spot and copied it to our ipod for the car.  The next time we were in the car, I hit play and the kids were able to watch all of the videos.  Reese at once fell in love.  She wasn't a big "show" watcher in the car, but since the introduction of the videos, that is all I hear. "Show, show, show mommy, SHOW"  or "Choo choo, choo choo, choo choo mommy, CHOO CHOO".  

Well, I guess we have watched it way to much because Reese - not yet 2 years old - has one of the songs memorized and sings it over and over.  The song is etched into my brain and I am finding myself singing it at the most random times.  Oh well - I went through this with Olivia when she loved The Wiggles and now I guess with Reese it is Choo Choo Soul!  I wonder what Will is going to love??!!

1 comment:

Laural Out Loud said...

My husband got online just yesterday to see if he could find all of our daughter's favorite Noggin songs. I never thought to check iTunes! Looks like we might be spiffing up the car tunes soon.