Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's field trip time

This past Friday, Olivia's preschool, I mean Pre-K class, (as she always corrects me) went on a field trip to a country market.  I was so excited that I was able to go with her on this trip.  I have been on lots of field trips before with my own classes when I was teaching, but this was the very first time going as a parent!!  She was such a big kid the whole morning.  I thought she would want to hang out with me and be my partner but I took a back seat to all of her friends. It was a little sad for me, but at the same time, I loved watching her interact with all of her friends.  

There were 4 stations that we visited.  First, we went on a tractor ride around the farm and stopped at a bee hive where bees were making honey. Here is Olivia on the tractor.  She does love the tractor rides!


Then, the kids went through a corn maze.  Luckily the maze was marked with white paint to help everyone get through without getting lost!! Here is Olivia and her buddy going through the maze.


Next, we visited a "play" area.  At this station the kids were able to "pretend" milk a cow, lasso a cow, play in the big piles of hay, and play in a pit of corn kernels! 



Finally, the last stop was to see all of their animals! There were bunny rabbits, donkeys, sheep, pigs, chickens, and ponies.  Before the kids left, they were able to pick out a pie pumpkin to take home.  Check out Olivia's catch of a pumpkin! She loved the fact that her pumpkin had green all over it!


One of the best parts for her was being able to ride a big kid bus!  Here she is waving bye as the bus leaves to take the kids back to school.


No comments: